Until now, meeting fire code requirements in atriums meant corner posts or columns were needed. However, the new Model 4000 perimeter curtain creates an enclosure of fire-rated curtains surrounding large openings such as a grand staircase without the need for corner posts or columns.
Despite being a great benefit to design, the Model 4000 is most impressive in its effectiveness. The Model 4000 maintains the following performance standards:
- 120-minute UL 10D “Fire Tests for Fire Protective Curtains”
- 20-minute UL 10C “Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies”
- 20-minute UL 10B “Five Tests of Door Assemblies”
- 20-minute NFPA 252 “Standard Methods of Fire Tests of Door Assemblies”
- UL 864 “Control Units for Fire Protective Signaling Systems”
- ASTM E 84 Class A “Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials”
For more information on implementing a Model 4000 in one of your building projects, contact the professionals at Smoke Guard California today. We can help develop a configuration that not only meets all code requirements but effortlessly integrates into your building’s design.